March 18, 2020
The contract specialist is part of the King Aerospace, Inc. team in Addison, Texas. If selected, you will be responsible for creating and compiling procurement related information in support of contracts and subcontracts.
- Job Title: Contract Specialist
- Reports To: Program Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Department: Government Programs
- Location: Addison, Texas
Must have completed a four-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree with a major in any field or have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a contract specialist.
- Gather data and prepare records and documentation in support of existing contract and subcontract requirements.
- Create cost estimates and Rough Orders of Magnitude (ROMs) for new requirements.
- Monitor cost and schedule of contract/subcontract requirements from funding approval to completion.
- Prepare and submit contract/subcontract data requirements.
- Perform market research and gather data internally and externally to support the small business program.
- Interact daily with the program management and accounting and finance team members.
- Other contract administration duties as assigned.
- Willing to travel from one to two weeks per year.
Must have completed a four-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree with a major in any field or have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports, executive level summaries and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Ability to calculate percentages, proportions, etc., and to apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Secret Security Clearance Eligible
KING AEROSPACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.